Los Angeles has it all: sunshine, beaches, spunky speakeasies, and Hollywood stars! Even if you only have a weekend in this sprawling metropolis, you can still get a taste of what the city of Angeles offers.
Make the most of an extended layer. Leave your bags at the convenient luggage storage at LAX, pick a neighborhood, and head out to explore before catching your next flight.
Friday Evening: Dinner and Drinks
Head to your hotel and choose where to have dinner and drinks based on which LA neighborhood will be your home base during your trip.
Whether you stay Downtown or by the beaches, you’ll find thriving nightlife to start your weekend trip with a bang.
- Perch – take in the city skyline and dine at this french inspired LA restaurant or simply head up to their rooftop and enjoy a cocktail with a view.
- Daikokuya – Slurp up the best ramen you can find in Los Angeles, don’t worry; it’s worth the wait.
- Angel City Brewing – grab a beer at this brewery located in a historic brick warehouse.
- Exchange LA – looking for nightlife? See famous DJs in this iconic club in the old LA stock exchange building.
- L’Antica di Michele – enjoy authentic Neopolitan-style pizza in the heart of Hollywood.
- Mama’s Shelter – sip on craft cocktails lounging on cozy couches while taking in views of the city from this iconic West Hollywood Rooftop.
- The Abbey – no trip to LA is complete without a visit to this iconic Gay bar for a night of drinking and dancing.
- The Comedy Store – see some of LA’s up-and-coming stand-up comedians.
- The Black Rabbit Rose – have snazzy drinks made by a mixologist upstairs, then head to their speakeasy through the Grandfather clock to enjoy a unique magic show.
- Elephante – have a delicious Mediterranean-inspired meal surrounded by chic North African-inspired decor while taking in ocean views from the rooftop.
- Golden Bull – a classic chophouse with a beachside twist, great for happy hour drinks, burgers, and more.
- Winston House – an intimate live music venue located steps from the beach; enjoy dinner service before 9 pm or stop by late-night for a thriving club scene.
Saturday Morning: Take a Hollywood Tour
Grab a coffee to recover from your night on the town and hop on a tour to experience the world’s entertainment capital.
- Warner Brothers Studio Tour – tour a working studio backlot and visit the sets of some of your favorite shows! Take pictures at Central Perk from Friends, get sorted into your Hogwarts house on a recreated Harry Potter film set, and sit in Sheldon’s spot on the set of The Big Bang Theory.
- Hollywood and Celebrity Homes Tour – hop on an open-air bus and see iconic Hollywood sites, including the Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater, and celebrity homes in Beverly Hills.
- Universal Studios Hollywood – not only is this home to an amazing amusement park, but it’s also a working movie studio. Visit Hogsmeade, ride with the Minions, experience the famous Waterworld show, and head behind the scenes of your favorite films on the included studio tour.
- Haunted Hollywood Walking Tour– take a Hollywood tour with a spooky twist. This walking tour visits The Chinese Theater, the Hollywood sign, and the Walk of Fame while the local guide shares creepy tales and true crime stories.
Saturday Afternoon and Evening: Enjoy a Santa Monica Sunset
You can’t visit Los Angeles without taking at least a few hours to see the iconic beaches along the Pacific coastline. After a morning tour, head to Santa Monica to catch the sunset. Rent bikes from one of the many shops along the beach and bike from Santa Monica to Venice.
Stop by the famous Muscle Beach to catch bodybuilders working on the sand. Have an ice cream and watch skateboarders practice their new tricks at Venice Skatepark. Sit on a bench in Palisades park or hop on the famous Ferris Wheel to take in the sunset.
Sunday Morning: Squeeze in a Museum
If you have time before catching your flight, spend your last morning in LA exploring one of its many museums.
- The Getty – is probably one of the most famous museums in Los Angeles; this site offers gorgeous gardens, unique architecture, and ancient and contemporary works of art.
- The Grammy Museum – learn about the music industry’s history through fun and interactive exhibits; this is a smaller museum which makes it perfect if you’re short on time.
- LACMA – the largest art museum in the western United States, showcases contemporary art from around the globe.
- The Getty Villa – spend the afternoon viewing artifacts from ancient Greek and Roman civilizations at this stunning villa in Malibu with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean.
Pick and choose from this list to curate your ideal weekend getaway in Los Angeles!
How To Fix Amazon Prime Error Code 5004 Problem Occurred We’re Unable To Process Your Request
Are you tired of encountering the frustrating Amazon Prime Error Code 5004 that disrupts your streaming experience? Imagine settling down…