Users who are leaving Reddit or creating a new account will wish to deactivate their old accounts. Reddit, like any other social media network, allows users to delete their accounts. But it functions a little differently than other platforms when it comes to deactivating an account.
Table of Contents
There’s also some data that won’t get removed by deactivating an account. This post will teach you how to Deactivate an account on Reddit and what gets removed from your account.
Things to consider before deactivating an account?
Before you deactivate your account, there are a few things to think about. You should check the repercussions of deactivating your Reddit account before continuing. When you deactivate your Reddit account, the following things will happen:
- Permanent removal of your Reddit profile: All profile information, such as karma, avatar, cake day, and post/comment history gets removed. People who search for you using your URL will receive a notice stating that your account has been deleted.
- Permanent removal of your Username from Reddit: In the event that you deactivate the account, your username will be removed forever. Nobody will ever be able to establish an account using that username.
- Chats and Messages get unattributed: Even if you deactivate your Reddit account, all of your messages and chat will remain. Your username or avatar, however, will not be visible to others.
- Comments and posts get unattributed: The posts and comments will also remain on Reddit. Your posts and comments will be visible to others, but not your username or avatar.
Things that will not be erased by deleting the account must be deleted manually before removing the account. All messages, conversations, postings, and comments must be manually deleted. If not, they will remain on Reddit and be visible to other users.
Facebook Dark Mode
How to boost my posts on Reddit?
Remove Posts and Comments
If you want to remove something from Reddit, you’ll have to do it one post at a time and comment by comment. Before you permanently deactivate your account, follow these steps to remove your posts and comments.
- Log in to your Reddit account using a web browser and select your avatar from the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Profile.”
- To see a list of all the posts you’ve ever made, go to the top of your profile page and choose “Posts.”
- To delete a post, click the “…” button next to the post you want to remove and then click the “Delete” button.
- For comments, repeat the process.
How to deactivate or delete your facebook account
Deactivate Account On Reddit
There is no option to delete or remove an account on Reddit. You will only find a “Deactivate Account” option in the user settings. Deactivating an account on Reddit is the same as deleting an account. You won’t be able to reactivate a Reddit account after it’s been deactivated. To delete your Reddit account, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Reddit website in your browser and log in to your account.
- Access user settings by clicking on the username in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Account Settings tab and click the red Deactivate Account button.
- After that, a new dialog box will pop up. Type your username, password, and tick the “I understand…” option. Finally, click the Deactivate button.
- When it asks for confirmation again, click the Deactivate Account button to delete the account.
You can also use the Reddit app on your phone to remove your account. But the app does not have the “Deactivate Account” option. On phones, you’ll still need to log in using a browser and follow the instructions above to deactivate your account. If you wish to change your mind about deleting your account, may try to get more Reddit subscribers and followers to grow faster.
Monetize your Crypto or Bitcoin related website
Calling all aspiring digital moguls in the world of cryptocurrency! If you’ve been captivated by the rise of Bitcoin and…